Sunday 6 October 2013

WATER LEVEL IN MY GLASS.

Leave a Comment





Whenever I fill up my glass to take some water I am always dissatisfied with the level of water in my glass. It always appears a bit too full or a little too empty. I am neither satisfied when someone else fills up my glass nor I am able to do it correctly myself. It continues.


I generally do not like wearing shoes; but in winters when I have to put them on, unequal length of laces on either side of the knot keeps me uncomfortable till I have removed my shoes.


New clothes do not suit me. Older the clothes more comfortable I am. It is

always very embarrassing and uncomfortable for my family.


I am least bothered about many other matters that are considered very important by others. I would easily buy a torn book telling the book seller not to worry as I would easily be able to mend it.






I do admit that some parts of my behavior are odd; but are they as odd as to be taken a bit seriously by others? Of course, I would say, “No”.






Are others different from me in this respect? Do they have nothing odd in their behavior? If others are like me then why should I ever be irritated with their behavior?






Ramakrisha knew that Narendra (Vivekananda) occasionally ate meat and smoked but he never picked up this issue with Vivekananda. Why?






Our younger generation is very particular and serious about relationships. They make all out efforts for making judgments before picking up a life partner. To cap it, they are equally meticulous about looking for faults with a microscope in their partners and combining the faults so identified with their (life partner’s) numerous eccentricities of trivial nature, thereby making a mountain of a molehill. They go on collecting and piling up bundles of non-issue to finally build up a demand for more space.


If space is not be found, the relationship turn sour or is broken.






Ramakrishna gave some space to Narendra despite complaints from fellow students to give this world Swami Vivekananda.






We all are somewhat inconsistent and eccentric in our thoughts and behavior. Let the eccentricities and inconsistencies that cannot be dealt with effectively, act as comic interludes in our life that need a happy and peaceful mind to attend to more important issues.


Let us learn to look at the robustness of our relationships instead of worrying about its delicacy.






Is it not interesting that I, who must have drunk more than 40 tons of water till date does not know how to fill up a glass of water?


9/28/2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets