Monday 16 March 2015

“IN SEARCH OF OUR WONDERFUL WORDS”… I don’t compete with the god.

Leave a Comment


I can’t leave the habit of reviewing what I have ever thought, done or spoken. Of the various things in my life a few may be live and active, some may be in the process of receding into the background and many may be dormant; but there is none that I may consider as dead. Though it might have been very comfortable for me; but I could never learn the art of closing the chapters that I ever read in the past. If some say that they could reincarnate themselves in their lifetimes; I find it a little difficult to believe them, but I also do not have any ground to refute their claim.


I cannot imagine what is beyond the time and at the infinity. I don’t know what eternal happiness and true freedom is. I don’t know how and when my ‘soul’ would merge with the ‘Supreme Soul’; and, whether it would ever happen. I don’t think my mind is tuned to internalize the concept of emancipation. I, however, feel that my inability to imagine or knowing something makes it illusory or nonexistent.

I have learned and experienced that presence of many qualities like courage, harmlessness, simplicity, truthfulness, sacrifice, endurance, generosity, compassion, concern for others, willingness to learn,  absence of anger, not being attached to and concerned about the fruits of one’s actions for selfish reasons, tranquility, purity, broad mindedness, absence of greed, feeling ashamed of one’s mistakes and being ever ready to rectify them, equanimity of mind, forgiveness, absence of pride, refraining from discriminating others on the basis of their materialistic possessions etc. makes things better and beneficial for all. I think, if the God exists, he must be having such qualities and many more qualities that benefit all that is living or nonliving. I further think that He (the God) must be having these qualities in full.

Yet another attribute of the God that I can think of is that He has no need to review his thoughts, actions and words, because He had never made a mistake in the past, does not make any in the present and shall never ever make a mistake in the future.
When I look at me, I find that I cannot do anything more than only imitating the God, and, that too, to a very limited extent. I can’t think of competing with the God.

I can only try to be an above average imitator of the God by constantly trying to rectify the mistakes that I often make. It is said that the God, Himself, is eternal and infinite happiness; He does not seek happiness. Trying to be an honest imitator of the God, I also do not target happiness; I target the perfect beauty in the God, that is, of existing for the benefit of all. That is my understanding of the truth and that of the God.

The God does not make mistakes; He would not make any mistake in dealing with me; that is where my absence of doubt, that is, my faith resides.

PROMOD KUMAR SHARMA
[A chapter in my book “In Search of Our Wonderful Words” is titled as ‘TARGET BEAUTY, NOT HAPPINESS’. This blog is not an excerpt from the book; it is an extension of the thoughts expressed in the chapter.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets