Monday 20 July 2015

VAGDEVI SPIRITUAL PROCESS [#15044] GET RID OF HAPPINESS CONSULTANTS

Leave a Comment
I have often been compelled to think that ‘happiness’ is a disease that most of us suffer from. The virus of this disease may enter our minds in early childhood when we are told, “Do this, otherwise you will be unhappy.” Perhaps, we and the thought of ‘unhappiness’, grow together. A simple thought that ‘happiness’ is a state of mind that keeps our body, mind and soul in a good ready-to use condition may be considered as being free from all doubts and confusions. Hence, our concern for ‘happiness’ may be considered as being unquestionable.


Are there things that we, knowingly or unknowingly, do to disturb the state of mind that keeps the entirety of our body-mind complex in a naturally active state? I think we constantly push ourselves to do all such things which, according to our perception, make us happy; and, our perception is formed on the basis of what we have been lead to believe in. I do not recollect any moments of unhappiness due the way I lived with my family fifty years ago. We had very little of what is presently considered as the minimum required for making one happy. I was often scolded for things I never did, my parents did not arrange everything that I thought I needed, I miserably flopped in all seasonal cultural programmes organized in my school, I did not perform well in each and every the examinations that I took, I was almost at the bottom of my class in outdoor games and I could not do many things that others expected me to do. No doubt, I felt bad about many things, but I was always as happy as anybody else was. As against this, I find that in present times many children are unhappy due to multiple reasons; and what is more important is that their parents are extremely concerned about their unhappiness. I also find that unhappiness of the parents greatly and dangerously enhances the unhappiness in the children.

In my childhood no one taught me a lesson or two on unhappiness, no one defined the happiness or provided me with a broken down account of what all causes unhappiness of the mind. I am one of the fortunate ones who learned about unhappiness firsthand through my own experience. And, what I have learned is; for me, unhappiness had never been due  the painful situations  that I was  subjected to, it had always been due to the gloomy faces I had to see of those who had come to sympathize with me or mourn for  what I had lost.

My firm opinion is that one should not educate himself about ‘unhappiness’. More educated one is in the mattes of unhappiness; the unhappier would he be in his life. I am also of the opinion that one must keep himself away from all kinds of “Unhappiness Consultants”; for, if one does that he would receive more education on unhappiness and a natural energetic state of mind would become a distant dream for him.

Happiness and unhappiness, if not unreal, are grossly defective truths. What one believes to be a happy situation at one moment, may turn out to be disaster at another, and vice versa. If we can’t rely on any kind of opinion that we may form about happiness or unhappiness, how can we educate ourselves about them?

PROMOD KUMAR SHARMA

[The writer of this blog is also the author of “Mahatma A Scientist of the Intuitively Obvious” and “In Search of Our Wonderful Words”.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets